The Parish of Malvern Link with Cowleigh

Church of the Ascension

Somers Park Avenue
Malvern, WR14 1XA

Facilities

Opening times

The Church of the Ascension will be open on Tuesdays from 10am till 4pm .​​

Also on Sundays after the morning service has been held in this church, untill 4pm.

(see notice board and

website      www.mlwc.org)
contact 01684572942 out of hours


There is Hearing loop and a sound system

Wheelchair access​
Children's corner
Tea & coffee after services
Supports Fairtrade goods
​Toilets in adjacent hall

​​​​

Contacts & Information




Churchwarden

Mrs Joy Black
01684 892435

[email protected]







Hiring the hall
Mrs Sue Tandy
01684 572942
[email protected]





Church history

The church was commissioned in 1902 by Lousia Vavasour Livingstone in memory of her husband, The Venerable Arthur Livingstone and the architect was Sir Walter Tapper - his brief was to spare no expense.   

The Church of the Ascension was dedicated on 3rd October 1903 and is one of Tapper's masterpieces.

Click on photo to enlarge


Click on photo to open the slide-show

  1. The tower originally had two bells which were sold in the 1960s
    The tower originally had two bells which were sold in the 1960s
  2. The Reredos
    The Reredos
  3. Metalwork is by George Bainbridge Reynolds
    Metalwork is by George Bainbridge Reynolds
  4. The Organ Loft
    The Organ Loft
  5. The grounds are not consecrated for burials
    The grounds are not consecrated for burials