St Matthias' Church

Church Road
Malvern, WR14 1NP

The Parish of Malvern Link with Cowleigh

Facilities

Hearing loop
Sound system
Toilets and baby-changing
Children's corner
Tea & coffee after services
Regular Traidcraft stall
​Wheelchair access

Contacts & Information

Churchwardens
Mrs Anne Hancox  
01886 832460 
anne.hancox@btinternet.com

Mr Martin Purser 
01684 561370
martinpurser@lineone.net

Hiring the Link Room
Mrs Anne Hancox  
01886 832460 
anne.hancox@btinternet.com




Churchyard Officer
Mr Ian Panton
01684 561764
thepantons@totalise.co.uk
Click here to read Churchyard regulations


Details of Link Room

Church history

The church was completed in 1864 but without a tower and the cost of the building was £1,900!!  A tower was added in 1862 but not the one you see today.

Between 1880-1881 the church was considereably enlarged, after partial demolition as the original building had become unsafe; the south aisle, however, remained intact.

The landmark tower which we see today was added in 1899.

The church in 1846
Click on photo to enlarge


Click on photo to open the slide-show

  1. Twelve apostles screen
    Twelve apostles screen
  2. The church
    The church
  3. Refurbished interior
    Refurbished interior
  4. Main entrance
    Main entrance
  5. Altar servers
    Altar servers
  6. High altar
    High altar
  7. Side altar
    Side altar
  8. The rood
    The rood
  9. The tower
    The tower
  10. Twelve apostles screen
    Twelve apostles screen
  11. Twelve apostles screen
    Twelve apostles screen
  12. Lady chapel
    Lady chapel
  13. The Link Room
    The Link Room
  14. Aumbry lamp
    Aumbry lamp
  15. Stained glass
    Stained glass
  16. Stained glass
    Stained glass
  17. Refurbished interior
    Refurbished interior